- Office: 61 Computer Applications Building
- Telephone: 217-300-0378
- Email: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Geophysics, California Institute of Technology
Subduction and mantle convection. Driving forces for continents' vertical motions. Dynamics of tectonic evolution. Quantitative geodynamic calculation and numerical simulation. Inverse and forward modeling of mantle convection.
- Liu, L. (2012), Lost sea floor, Nature Geoscience, 5, 165-167.
- Liu, L. and D.R. Stegman (2012), Origin of Columbia River flood basalt controlled by propagating rupture of the Farallon slab, Nature, 482, 386-389, doi:10.1038/nature10749.
- G. Shephard, L. Liu, D. Muller, M. Gurnis (2012), Dynamic topography and anomalously negative residual depth of the Argentine Basin, Gondwana Research, 22, 658-663.